Nathan specialises in the following providing both skilled surgical and non-surgical management:
Foot and Ankle:
- Hallux Valgus (Bunion) correction
- Hallux Rigidus (Great Toe) arthritis
- Ankle instability
- Ligament and tendon reconstruction
- Achilles management and reconstruction
- Plantar fasciitis, including endoscopic release
- Foot and Ankle deformity correction of all areas of the foot and ankle including very complex deformities
- Syndesmosis reconstruction
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Ankle Replacement
- Total Knee replacement
- Revision Knee replacements
- Knee arthroscopy.
- Total Hip Replacements
- Revision Hip replacements
- Hip fractures
- Adult and Paediatric trauma
- Including injury management of both upper and lower limb fractures and soft tissue trauma
Having trained locally in Victoria, interstate and internationally, Mr Donovan carries with him extensive training across many areas of lower limb surgery and has significant experience in replacement, reconstructive and trauma surgery.
Mr Donovan participates in on call Trauma rosters at both Epworth Hospital Geelong and University Hospital Geelong, operating as a trauma surgeon for both adult and paediatric upper and lower limb trauma. Mr Donovan is skilled in trauma management and enjoys his role in helping injured patients.
Mr Donovan’s knowledge and experience in injuries and conditions affecting the lower limb means he is able provide accurate assessments and provide advice on the best approach for managing conditions, from non-operative measures including orthotics, through to surgery to address the conditions.
Mr Donovan is regarded highly amongst his peers for his technical ability to handle complex deformity corrections.